Why is the Centurion headless?

I definitely goofed big time on this...... in trying to give this fellow some 5'o'clock shadows, went way overboard..... Now he looks like he has eaten a few shovelfuls of licorice.

So stripped the paint off, and redid it all over again.

Lessons learned
1 - Do the hard bit first (like faces)
2 - Don't delay on hard bits till forced to pull an all nighter
3 - Good work always takes longer to do right
4- If no good, go back and rework it!

So this is the before shot, of a face about the size of a grape. Good sculpting, just not good painting.
Also, this photo is at the limit of what I can achieve on the quick with a digital point and shoot. I took this picture long before upgrading both photo skills and photo area.

So it has been sprayed with oven cleaner, and is awaiting some loving attention on the workbench.

This 'before' shot I decided to post, so I can go back in the future at some point in time, and remind myself that I was not as fantastic as I though I was.....

Mind you, this is all amongst packing up to move house too!

Comments

Popular Posts