Painting the figure - painting the stockings





Ok, having studied the tests, worked out how I should paint the stockings, my next step was to commit to actual paint......

I started by masking up the areas I wanted to remain in the original colour, then pre-tinted where I felt it seemed logical.

i.e backs of the knees, around the ankles, so forth.

(no work in progress pictures here though - I was in the groove, and not stopping for pictures...)

Once I had done my pre-tinting, then I laid down a coat over the top of this, trying to keep it as even as possible. For the whole, I think my efforts were successful, and I must remind myself this is my first effort at doing something like this.

Once I was happy with those results, I reached for the hairdryer, and force dried the first layer.

Then I quickly masked of the top of the thigh high stockings from the rest of them to lay down multiple thin coats, to build up density.

Over all, by varying the tones, this helps add to the textures and contours of the figure overall...well, the legs so far.

Going by the feedback of fellow figure painters, I seem to have achieved my primary purpose. Now to move onto the rest of the figure.

Comments

Popular Posts