Paint applied to the Far Side plaque sculpt


Well, the under layers so far. I airbrushed the sky portion of it; first a base coat of white, then a light eggshell blue, then a slightly darker mix of eggshell blue and oxford blue. Airbrushing allowed me to gain a smooth graduation quickly that I couldn't have achieved as quickly or as smoothly in the same amount of time (less then 15 minutes to airbrush the sky to that degree)

The soldiers have their tunics done in white, later I will add red crosses for a splash of colour.
I'll also redo the pants and helmets on all figures, plus some implied texture through paint effects

A lot more work is required, with special attention to shading and texture effects.

One thing I am very aware of is the 'wavy' effect, due to an uneven thickness. Still, it is a practice piece, and I am having fun!
And I think that I have an answer to the waviness worked out anyway.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome

Cheers

Comments

  1. i really like it. The script down the bottom is going to be a little tricky... are you going to do that? Be nice on a brass plate or something.

    Keep up the good work :)

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben,
    I'll probably mount the finished piece to a nicely finished wood plaque. The idea of a engraved plaque for the script is a good one, Ill see what suits it though.
    Thanks for the comments
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts