Mirei-San; details on the eyes, lips and bra





Having done the eyes, decided to work on the lashes....so Miriei-san has something to bat at us!

Used a warm brown, tinted it with back, rather then straight back. again, it may be a subtle thing, it just helps reduce the stark contrast.

Then I added in her eyebrows; I did go for a raised eyebrow look, although I was worried that it may have been too high. However, when I put her hair on (fringe and cascading down the sides) as a check, I noticed two things. The psotion isnt too bad (could be a bit lower, truth be told) and with her unpainted resin hair on, she looks like a real "Dirty Blonde" - innuendo intended.

I also worked on her lips. I did a quick swatch patch, partly as a warm up, partly to explain in picture form what I did. Not mentioned in the lip sheet is adding a layer of gloss to the lower lip. If going for a more realistic look, I would think about gloss for the lower lip, and satin for the upper. It is one of those little things, the cumulative effect of which is to give the figure a "whole" finish

Bra - opted for white on this - simpler. Plus, I didn't feel like mucking about with purple for the bra set.

I thinned the white down with gel medium, designed to thin paints down with out making the paint all runny and uncontrollable. So laid down my first coat, and gradually worked up the layer. Tried to add some uncut white, to imply lace texture. Around the tops of the lace 'weave', upper edges of the bra 'scalloping' (the semi circular pattern on the top side of the bra) and the little bow in the middle.

Next time I do some lace texture like this, I think I would thin down the white even more, or shift to a different shade of colour...like that purple, or black/ smoke, like the same effect I did for the stockings, for the bra. Still, a good idea to file away for next time.

Comments

Popular Posts