Mirei-san: casting call for the Mummy, in tamiya tape



Ok, putty dry, time to get ready for some airbrush work. As always, break out the masking tape for the large areas, then the blu-tack (sometimes known as silly putty for my overseas friends) and apply to all areas I wish to be other then blue.

2nd pic shows where I carved back the putty blobs; one worked, the other, well, not really. Still, good to try, and get some results form the effort. Other details I could carve in I'll add with painted effects.

I am glad I went for a 'straight from the bottle' colour, rather then a custom mix. It has saved me so much work, given the amount of work and rework I have had to do on this figure.

Masked up, compressor ready, lets get to it!

And yes, it does resemble some odd kind of 'Mummy' as in ancient Egyptian wrapped up.....

Comments

Popular Posts