Mirei-san; attaching the arms, closing more gaps....




Attached the arms, using the super wonder miracle technique, 2-part epoxy resin.

While the arms attached ok, because of the peg & hole system to line them up, there was only so much room to wiggle, jiggle & fiddle the fit. So in the end, got it as close as I could, and glued it.

Top pic shows the line up leaves gaps, and a "bump" where the sleeve meets the shoulder. Bit much, even for a figure/ anime/ cartoon where historical accuracy is non-existent.

So I reached for some Pro-Create putty, nice stuff, mixed as per directions, and applied thin snakes to the gaps.

To avoid excess sanding work, applied talcum powder to the sculpting tool, works a treat at preventing the putty sticking to the tool (or fingers) and lets a smooth surface be achieved. (2nd pic)

3rd pic shows how I re-masked the face to help protect the finished face from errant files, scalpels and clumsy fingers. I swear, this poor little lady has spent so much time bound with rubber bands, or swathed in masking tape......

I also built up the edges of the jacket collars, and will carve/ shape new ends next, before I lay down paint again.

I am glad I did pre-paint, as trying to get an even paint on the insides of the arms and jacket - testing, to say the least.

Just the fit issues are slowing down the last stages of this project.
Mind you, I have heard it said that the last 20% of a project seems to require 80% of the effort.

Plus, I should get off my butt, and take action more often,. then be brain dead in front of the TV.

Comments

Popular Posts