Mirei-san ; parts lay out


Here is our subject - I have excluded the chair she sits on from the parts layout.

Please note, the torso/ skirt/ face were originally separate, I had glued these together before repacking and moving interstate.

So there are quire a few parts for this figure kit. It's not actually complex, however there is some clever engineering and thought that went into the kit breakdown, and how the parts interlock for construction.

I have been thinking long and hard (and doodling a work process on a note pad) and have decided on a the following build/ paint sequence.

- Torso, face and skirt glue together, prep, then paint
- Legs, leave separate, prep, then paint
- Match up legs to skirt, then construct chair
- Jacket, arms/ sleeves, paint
- Hands - complete and add
- Hair - probably do last
- Base, pinning.

Of course, no plan survives first contact with reality, so I will have to alter plans as needed.

Tools and equipment next post.

Comments

  1. I'm really looking forward to following your progress on this one, Jamie. I find myself being drawn to Andrea's Pin-Ups range, a similar subject to your current project, so I'm keen to see how you deal with things like sheer stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rudi,
    happy to share how I will do the sheer effects. Part of the challenge will be doing the stockings, with airbrush, as I have some other figures that will be needing sheer effects!

    Happy to share, as always!

    cheers

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts