Mish figure work up



OK, we can see where I have made an effort at capturing a likeness of Mish; challenging. After a few different efforts, I got one I was fairly happy with. Alas, took no photos, as I had to push hard to get this complete in time, and was so focused on making progress that I plain forgot to take much in the way of work in progress shots.....

Now, for you budding sculptors out there who wish to sculpt a female figure, here is something I am trying to keep things real, regarding breasts.

Mark a centreline from the hollow of the throat, down to the centreline of the hips. This gives the centreline of the figure. Next, at about 45 degrees, mark a pair of lines from the top of the throat, down to the base of the rib cage. Should look a bit like a triangle, or a three line sketch of a tree. I added in a line to make a triangle at this point so I could place some boundary lines around my Sisters in Laws anatomy.

Next, made up a ball of Sculpey, cut it in half to ensure some symmetry, then blended it in, so it resembled a teardrop shape.

This gives something resembling cleavage, and realistic breasts.

two often I see what looks like a pair of soccer balls attached in a rather optimistic way, with no appreciation of gravity, mass or massive back aches for such large....err.....sculpts....

Anyway, until I find a better way, this technique is giving me a start point.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts