Model clubs are about people and relationships.... hearts and minds....

Hello all,

I'm a figure modeller in a vehicle (aircraft) heavy club. 

I've been secretary for many years, and club president for 2 years, steering the club, personalities and opposing points of view through the pandemic...

Why Body, Heart, and Mind Are So Important for Well-Being | Psychology  Today Australia

 

 I'm a good communicator and a people person, and working in sales, my people skills are very good.

I'm still helping as a referral and historic data point. Recently I've had to push back, and start building some distance. 

The reason for the distance is because my life is changing, and is Kristy, as we are shifting or expanding careers. Plus the time demands are high, and like all modelling clubs, people don't know what you do, until you don't do it. 

So my announcement to step back seems to have unsettled some members of the committee, and I, rather bemusedly, find myself on the receiving end of a 'hearts and minds' charm campaign....

I'm off to a meeting tonight, committee modelling time only, with the intent of giving a work shop on open system of judging. (Gold/ Silver/ Bronze) rather then the 1/2/3 system we currently use. 

So my own life will start to get some forward attention, rather than pushed back for club matters....

It'll be interesting, for me, to put some notes down tomorrow once reflected upon.



 

 

Comments

Popular Posts