Painting projects - Pegaso ladies

While working on the Springtime sculpt, I've decided to cross work on some painting projects....

The Lady Pirate is one of the first figures that ever caught my eye....
So after many years, I finally got one...then it sat in the grey army for at least a year and a half....

Figure is still a bit blotchy on the face, needs smoothing out and refining....





Now for the Chinese lady..... First effort resulted in way too yellow skin tones..... after a few days, soaked it in Dettol, and stripped it of paint. And filled a gap on the necklace line....


See what I mean?.... way too yellow (too much yellow ochre in the mix...)






Much, much better.... still a hint of Asian yellow (more of an Ochre), still not happy as I feel the the highlights and shadows lack dimension...a bit flat looking, I feel....

I've undercoated the coat, Citadel red (some blood demon colour reference) for the main part, and Citadel Purple (some kind of giant worm colour reference) mixed with Vallejo Magenta... much better than the dark straight out of the bottle....


Comments

Popular Posts