Experiments with feathers & airbrush


Ok, nothing like a new airbrush to encourage some new ideas...... I'm going to replace the sculpted feathers on the Lady Pirate with real feathers.

Vallejo acrylics, no priming. (The grey primer will kill the translucent effect I'm after, I feel)

Kept the pressure down, and applied light coats.

Applied the paint, let dry, then clipped the feather...... first lesson, paint sticks the individual parts of the feathers to each other. Second lesson, if you try to clip after painting, there will be separation of the feather elements.

Darn, and other swear words.....

So next time, I'll pre-clip the feathers, and then apply the paint.

The feathers I picked up from the local park while walking my dog. These could also be found in fishing shops that have fly tying equipment.

Comments

Popular Posts