"Charlotte de Berry" - Lady Pirate

This is my interpretation of Pegaso figure "Charlotte de Berry"

This is a WIP shot, I've more to do on this so far....



I've decided to remove the nose ring, go for a more tanned look, less make up, and change the feathers over....

Putting this one together was a bit of a head scratcher..... In the end, I prepainted the shirt, the over the shoulder belt, then glued the head on, and masked off the shirt.

Then I retouched the skin tones. Filled the gaps between the hair and the back of the shirt. and blocked in the hair.

Then I went back in and blocked in the colours for the head band and neck scarf.

On a critical note, it seems to me that it's a pin-up model, and draped in an interpretation of what a pirate may have worn then, with some extras to add some 'flair'

The real Charlotte de Berry (link to wikipedia) seems to be more fictional then substantive, or perhaps at best, a real person whose facts have been distorted over time......

This will be one of my entries for this years South Australian Model Expo.....

Comments

Popular Posts