Rework the tyres, more work on the frame.....





Finally, after some harsh language, and reworking the wheels (again, and again, and again!) I got results the meet my criteria - light weight, sturdy, and look right!

Lots of mucking around on the planning stages, and reworking, then a "crash" noise as plans collided with reality.......

Make a cup of tea, stay away from the bench, sleep on problem......

return to work bench, and repeat.....

eventually cracked it....comparing the top two to the lower one, the lower (first effort) one looks like something that should be on a steam locomotive...hefty, way too hefty.....

Once I got that first tyre done, it took me only a fraction of the time to wire up the rear tyre.

Then I realised that most of this is going to be hidden under disc brakes, forks, drive gears...

which is OK, as it will look right, still support it, and gives me some room to fudge it with spacing on the wheels.....the rear wheel is slightly off, compared to the front.

Now that the wheels were done, I returned to the frame, and added the forks, as well as the headstock.

It works, holds together OK, and will look OK once complete.

mind you, there was bit of passionate language soldering all that together!

Just please keep in mind that I cant get the figures themselves sitting right until I get the foundation piece (the bike) right.

I've done enough for the morning....duty calls else where!

Comments

Popular Posts