Overdue for updates

Lets see, back in April, I had to move home.

So that disrupts both home life, work life, and time with loved ones.....

so in the end, time at the hobby bench didn't get the time I would have preferred.

However!!

I did get some time in, for a few projects, trying to rescue them from the tomb of the half done figure......

The Happy Monk, by Ernst Veingardt (spelling?), a 54mm tall figure.


The happy monk in his primer coat. By this time, I had painted & stripped it about three times, not happy with the results. Usually the shading of the robe.

Here he is at about 90% complete. Lots of little details need filling out, highlights and shadows need depth,and some of the face needs tidying up. Overall, while okay, I can do better. However, at some point, I just want to base him, and move onto the next project.


So a bit happier with some progress.

Mirei-san, poor thing, and one of my more challenging figures to date.

I tried for a dark blonde hair style, that didn't work for me, so once I was settled here, I worked some more on her.

I am disappointed at how quickly my skills have degraded, with lack of practice. I did retouch the bra (and yes, knickers, if you were wondering) with red highlights, according to family and friends, it adds a eye catching effect not present earlier......


At this point in time, the hair has the 'Jennifer Aniston from Friends' effect, just subtler..... 
I've yet to pin the legs to the torso, and the figure to the chair. I'll also be ordering some wooden bases, and basing them properly.

The Old Fiddler, by Andrea miniatures. I have liked this figure, it tells so much in such a small space, full of pathos. I have seen this completed by some very good scale artists, so my efforts are showing the lack of practice. Here he is so far.


Fit issues aside, he is a delight to paint, and tells such a story. Very small though, 1/32 scale.

All the above photos are suffering from wash out from harsh lighting, and do not flatter the figures in any way. I'll have to set up a proper photo day in the near future.

I did enjoy returning to the bench, getting into the flow of the task.

And looking forward to doing more updates.

Cheers









Comments

Popular Posts