Mirei-San; closing the gaps.


OK, the back view will explain more; once the epoxy glue had set, I mixed up some two part putty, and then made some long thin sausages out of it.

Gently laid them down, and then using my sculpting tools, smoothed/ pushed the putty into areas I needed, following the curves already there.

(The curves follow the natural folds of the jacket - didn't want to lose them.)

Set aside to cure, then the next weekend, sit down and devote some time.

Put a fresh curved blade in the scalpel, and gently carved off the bulk of the putty. Then followed sanding with wet& dry sandpaper, used dry.

Although I have completely stripped the paint off, I can easily fix it with the airbrush.

I had to do something similar with the front.

Also, notice how I have laid down masking tape - this is to help avoid disaster if the scalpel, putty or sculpting tool should slip.Just a bit of foresight.....

It feels good to have some creative momentum happening again.


Comments

  1. Muy interesante, very interesting Jamie. This tutorial allows your development to be traced step by step ;-). Thanks and a kiss: Pepa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepa,
    Garcias, thank you.

    Having an artist like your self check in, always a pleasure.

    Cheers
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts