Christmas Tree Bauble Sculpt...





.....well, kind of.

My brother and his fiancee celebrate ther first Christmas together. And Younger brother has his first Christmas tree in a few decades also.

So to help mark the occasion, I did a fast (very fast!) sculpt of the two in a wreath. About 1/72 scale.

First time working with Procreate two part putty (learning the quirks of the stuff) and first time ever doing a 'speed sculpt'.

not entirely pleased with the results, I can see massive flaws and crude finishes.....lacks a degree of much in the way of a good finish......

I think, all up, I had about 8 - 10 hours, from start to final paint coat.......just managed to get the paint dry in time ready for posting - EEEKK!

The basic circle was a twisted wire base, then given layers of Sculpey, until I was happy that it would stand up to a few years indifferent handling as a tree decoration.

the figures are based around a twist of wire, and done by eyeball...dimensionally, way off.

So next time, I'll either not use new materials and tools in a rush period to get everything done, or I'll buy something to send earlier, and not do such a rush job!!

Anyway, best wishes to all you out there, hope you get to enjoy some time with loved ones, some how!!

cheers for now

Comments

  1. Thanks for trying ProCreate Putty!

    Bob Finkenaur
    Kraftmark Company
    www.kraftmark.biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,
    Procreate is far easier to to get the knack of then 1st generation like Milliput, or the green stuff by games workshop. Procreate dries hard, and doesn't feel like I am working with chewing gum. Doesn't make a mess like Milliput does, either.
    thanks for looking in,

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a bloody good ornament Jamie, thanks - Mish and I think you did a great if speedy job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts